The Blue Way
Last August, we announced that New Earth was officially Blue Zones Project certified. It’s been awhile since we last mentioned this accomplishment, but now, more than ever, we believe in the message of the Blue Zones Project: that together we can implement changes that will provide opportunities for us to make healthier choices as individuals and as a community.
Blue Zones Project Klamath Falls not only directly impacts New Earth’s hometown, but it also provides an excellent opportunity for people in both the Klamath and New Earth communities to work towards leading healthier lifestyles.
In the last 10 months, New Earth’s certification has made a valuable impact on the Home Team. Here are a few of the areas where we’ve noticed the biggest shifts:
- Natural Movement. Home Team members have been dedicated to implementing natural movement throughout the day. You can find us parking further away from the door, taking frequent walking breaks and implementing extra movement into our daily tasks.
- Fruit and veggie focus. As a group we have incorporated more fruits, vegetables, and healthy snacks into our diets. Our vending machines have been replaced with a variety of healthy eats, and the soda has been switched out for sparkling water options. We also have made an effort to include a wider variety of “Blue Zones approved” dishes at our monthly potlucks.
- Community focus. New Earth offers all Home Team members the opportunity to give back to the local charity(s) of their choice (while on the clock) with our Community Partnership program, increasing the amount of time that the Home Team spends giving back has made a significant impact on both our community and employees sense of purpose.
Want to learn more or participate? Check out the Blue Zones Project Oregon website for details.
What’s The Story?
Keeping compliance in mind when sharing your story is one of the most important things that you can do to ensure that the New Earth brand continues to flourish for years to come.
We invite you to watch Telling Your Story with Compliance in Mind. This New Earth Boot Camp training offers great advice on how to tell your story. Next week we’ll dive into the specifics of telling a compliant story, stay tuned!
- This weekend, May 20 and 21, we will host a booth at the Rogue Valley Race Group’s Spring Thaw event in Ashland, Oregon. We invite you to follow along on Instagram and Twitter (we’ll be using #NExRVRG and #SpringThaw) this weekend as we share live updates from the race.
- All New Earth offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, in observance of Memorial Day. We will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, May 30.
- End of Month is Wednesday, May 31. Customer Care will be open until 8 pm Pacific to help you meet all of your business needs on the 31st. Contact them at 800.800.1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you catch this?
- Did you fill out our recent communications survey? If not, please take a moment to share your thoughts with us by completing this brief survey.
- Have you read the latest issue of Nourish? If not, check it out here.